Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
I have an announcement in my Announcements forum that I made gloabal. I want to allow my "global moderator" to be able to reply to that global announcement, but it won't allow him. (I can reply but he can't). He seems to have permissions to reply in that forum, but I suspect it is the fact that it is a "global" post that is the problem. Is there a way to allow a global moderator to reply to a global thread? He has reply permissions in that forum, but I don't see anywhere to set whether someone can reply to global posts. Any help?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well I looked at this some time ago.
I think Version 8 is addressing this.
But anyway without a mod it won't work.
Even if you set the site permissions to allow a group to post global posts they still can't reply to one.
It is hard coded that only a membership level of administrator can reply.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)