Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Hello

Can I change the "edit post time limit" for a single user, or only for whole groups like "admin" or "moderators" ?

Thanks
Matthias

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Currently only groups. The goal is to eventually expand the permission set so you can apply all permissions to an individual user.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 207
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 207
My assumption here is that you have a user that is excessively posting? What we do is we have just created a "special" group to put these people in to give them a timeout. Sometimes we also limit the forums they are allowed to post in until they get the message. The group method is advantageous in that it's easy to find out who you have put on timeout. Hope this helps.


Won't you take me to Funkytown?
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I agree with Cascade's suggestion; it makes it way easier to find who's "on time out" with groups, vs forgetting you've restricted someone...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
I just set their post time to 100 minutes.. usually works for me.. and you can set it per member in CP.

Dunny

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Dunny
I just set their post time to 100 minutes.. usually works for me.. and you can set it per member in CP.

Dunny

Per Member???
Where?

Last edited by Ruben; 09/21/2010 5:47 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
Control Panel, Member Management, Select appropriate member, Permissions, User Flood Check, enter 100 mins (in secs), and save

Wham instant spam control.

Dunny

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
LOL.
One of those fields I never used so I just seemed to overlook it.
Now I see it.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)