Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
Just setup a new UBB forum (http://panhandleexposure.com/forum)

I am going through making all the Categories and forums I want, however they are not displaying.

I just did a permissions check and everything passed..

What is causing this?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
Check your user permissions in CP. I.E you should see 1's in the groups that you want to see... an example is attached.

Dunny


Attachments
DunnyCPpermissions.png

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
They are set to 1's already Still no dice - Also not getting any islands displayed such as "User's online" or "Shoutbox."

I've gone over and checked all the permissions for viewing, as well as the file permissions and everything looks fine.

I do the permission checker and everything says OK.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
hmm ok that is strange then. May have to wait for rick or set up a support ticket. They are pretty quick with them though.
Dunny

As for islands etc.. they have to be turned on in CP in two places.. one in general settings ( I think it is) the other down in post island content... they have to have numbers (in order of weight) in order to actually display).

Dunny

Last edited by Dunny; 10/12/2010 3:58 AM.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
It seems as if none of my changes are actually changing when I make them...

It seems like its a permissions issue with the files, but I can't find any problems?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
are you hitting update forum permissions at bottom of permissions page to save changes?

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
Yes

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I'd check the permissions on your cache directory. Make sure it's fully writable.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'd also use the permission checker and make sure all of the directories and files it listed are configured correctly...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Here is a dumb question.
Are you sure you are not changing the new forum template permissions.
Depending on how you access the permissions for the forums,
it could be that.

If your going to Control Panel » Forum Permissions
and select the forum from "Currently editing permissions for;"
you have to use the switch button to the right.
If you don't you won't be changing the correct forum.

The other way to access the forum permissions is to goto:
Control Panel » Forum Settings
and select the permissions link to the right of each forum.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
OH dang I was actually thinking that and forgot to mention it.. good eye ruben

Dunny

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
Forum Permissions are set correctly. Cache folder is writeable.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24
No one has a solution for this? I have tried multiple things including several re-installs....All the checks say its functioning correctly...but yet, it isn't!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Right now I see two options.
Open a support ticket with Mindraven. Or some of us can take a quick peek to see what the problem is.
Either way that person will need access to the ubb control panel. And probably ftp access in case file/folder permissions need to be changed.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)