Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
I'm not looking for a hack. :-)

Here's what I want to do... and do you think that it will be possible with Ver8?

I want to "force" all members who belong to a specific group to show a graphic in their profile. (eg. Members group showing a Member Logo).

Here's the code that sets the graphic for a person's account, BUT, they still need to go into their profile and check the box under the graphic. I want that to be unnessary - since I want the graphic to display automatically.

UPDATE ubbt_USER_PROFILE
SET USER_GROUP_IMAGES = 'a:1:{i:1;s:1:"6";}'
WHERE USER_ID = '123'


--BIll B
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
What makes the group images show up?

If I run the code below, then all users who belong to Group 6 have the image added to their profile. BUT it still doesn't show up. When you look in each person's Profile, the selection box for the Group 6 image is blank.

What I'm trying to do is "force" the graphic to show for all people in Group 6. What else do I need to do?

Quote
UPDATE ubbt_USER_PROFILE AS up, ubbt_USER_GROUPS AS ug
SET up.USER_GROUP_IMAGES = 'a:1:{i:1;s:1:"6";}'
WHERE ug.GROUP_ID = '6'
AND ug.USER_ID = up.USER_ID


If you remove the User's choice by rem'ing out the code below, what does that do?
Quote
{if $gimages}
{$lang.GROUP_IMAGES}<br />
{$gimages}<br /><br />
{/if}


--BIll B

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)