Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
A
Stranger
Stranger
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
I have a lot of users complaining because they cant view the forums well on a phone size screen, crackberry's, Ipod's etc...
Anybody got a suggestion?

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Looks good on my Droid. Perhaps they need a Droid.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
A
Stranger
Stranger
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
I would really like some help with this please. Our users are often away or actively pursuing our forum topic while viewing and anything to make forum more phone friendly would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Rick has said that he wanted to get some sort of mobile template in v8. If you allow users to disable the sidebars then that'd be a huge jump


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
A
Stranger
Stranger
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
ok, I 'll hang on on for v8, but in the in the meantime how do I allow users to disable the sidebars?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Control Panel -> Portal -> Portal Settings -> "Allow users to turn off the left column?" and "Allow users to turn off the right column?" then users can decide to have them on or off; your mobile users would likely have them off.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
A
Stranger
Stranger
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
thank you very much


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)