Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I'm getting Multiple Account Login emails from users that I know are in different countries.

When I checked their last IPs, they are different.

Any ideas on why/how this could happen?

Thanks smile


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
The multiple identity works off cookies so it wont matter if they are in fifteenth countries. My guess is they are sharing login info. I would message them and ask, this way they will know if they should chafe their passwords if they aren't sharing

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
One guy is in Vietnam and the other is in Germany. I can't see any reason why they would share.

Anyhow, I've just had a multiple login alert where I am one of the parties. The other is in Portugal. confused

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 81
M
member
member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 81
How far apart in time are the logins?

Could be the person is in the military. They can tend to get around a lot. wink

Although, Vietnam is not currently someplace we have a lot of troops. grin

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I'll keep an eye on the times in future.

However, as I said, in one instance - I was one of the parties.

I did have an issue an issue a couple of weeks ago when I restored a backup.

There were duplicate entries in FORUM_LAST_VISIT. (There had been some database oddities and crashes.)

I'm wondering if duplicate entries elsewhere could cause these erroneous reports?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)