Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
I had not been allowing users to upload avatars but am attempting to change that. The avatar uploads directory is 777 and the test.file uploads when I "Click to test directory".

When I go to "Edit Profile" and browse to select an avatar image to upload all seems fine. I receive a message that the settings were changed. The correct image path appears when viewing source on a thread but no avatar appears. The file was not uploaded to the avatar directory.

Any ideas what needs to be done? What script controls the upload? Perhaps I removed the script at one point for security purposes...

Still using version 7.5.3


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
It looks like I found the problem. I had the path to the avatar directory as "../useravatars" which worked fine for uploading the test file but to actually upload avatars the full path was required - i.e "/home/myaccount/public_html/forums/useravatars"


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well for those items you can't use relative paths just like the attachments option.
It will work okay in the control panel. but once you are in the forum,Not.
But you got it figured out anyway.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)