Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242338 03/25/2011 8:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Just a forewarning - I got an e-mail today saying that a parcel was sent to my address by UPS and it had a zip file attached. Norton 360 e-mail scanner detected and deleted a trojan.

Quote
united parcel service document.zip
____________________________

Subject: United Parcel Service notification
Sender: "United Parcel Service" <[email protected]>
____________________________

High

This file risk is high.
____________________________

File Actions

united parcel service document.exe (Trojan.FakeAV)
[Contained in] united parcel service document.zip [inside of email attachment]

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
I've never know UPS to send out these types of emails unsolicited so I'd say if you haven't ordered anything that would be shipped via them I'd just delete the file/message.


Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
I had that show up in an email recently too.

Typical spam stuff devoid of real details.



ERerERRRRRR...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)