Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#243158 05/09/2011 5:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
No, not whether it exists or not, but rather where I live is about as close to it as you can get and still be alive. Here it is, the first part of May, and we are having warm temps, cool breezes, cool nights and almost every day it's clear blue skies without a cloud in site. Where is this? Tombstone, AZ. Not only do we have probably the best weather around (read warm but little humidity) where else can you dress up in 1880's style clothing, wear a 6 gun on your hip, walk around town and no one things anything about it. Talk about living your second childhood. I'd not live anyplace else at this point of my life.


Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
GregK #243160 05/09/2011 6:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I would like to visit Arizona sometime. As much as I love New England, I can't stand the cold and snow anymore.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
GregK #243176 05/10/2011 10:58 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
That's one of the big reasons we moved here. My arthritis and other joint issues are much better out here. I cut my pain med usage in half, which is a good thing. But, at least in Southern AZ you really need to like the desert and very dry weather. One thing that continues to amaze me, though, is the large number of rose bushes, of all things, that we have here. We also have the worlds largest rose bush, so big, it's enclosed in a wall and used as a tourist attraction and is part of a Spring celebration and parade!


Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
GregK #243180 05/10/2011 2:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself out there Greg! I don't think I could flee the Pacific NW; too used to all of the green tongue


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
GregK #243209 05/10/2011 5:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
Ya know, Giz, I thought that too, but, life does force changes and when in Michigan I hardly went anyplace as it was too painful. I still have pain, but this warm, dry air has done wonders in relieving the worst of it, as long as I behave and don't try to do the things I used to be able to do, like work under the motor home trying to get it level. I'm still paying for that idiotic move and that was on Sunday I did that. Spent most of Monday on the couch just trying to find a comfortable way to lay... LOL... Today is better, but still have some left over pain.


Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)