Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#243253 05/12/2011 11:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
Well this has changed..

Yesterday, I had to rent some space on a canadian server, that HAD to be located in Canada for reasons not worth going into. Mindraven is my favourite host.

The were some ads for instant access, you know get your domain working right now. I thought they were overstating the time. (vegetarian word for BS)

I signed up, rented some space, got my .com domain from them. Got the email confirming the purchase, clicked on the domain name AND IT WAS LIVE, all with in about 2 minutes. WHEN DID this change take place? I have NEVER had that before.


http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Stan #243255 05/12/2011 12:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Rapid DNS, since Network Solutions was put in charge of .net/.org tld's.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Network Solutions - beh! Years later I still have a bad taste on my mouth from them.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, they're in charge of the .com/.net registries; so technically everyone uses them lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i use godaddy and the domains propagate in minutes too.. ( .me, .us, .com and .net etc )

long gone are the days where 'wait up to 72hrs for your domain to resolve'

smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm not talking about netsol being your domain registrar...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Stan #243286 05/14/2011 11:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
nor was i

i was just saying that domains no longer take the whole 72hrs anymore..

i coulda said for example purposes {insert favorite domain registrar of choice}, register a new domain, link nameservers to host and *poof* it's perty instant regardless.. ( usually minutes )


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)