I would not know how to even address this issue. Since you can order the islands as 1,2,3,4 or 4,3,2,1 or 1,3,2,4. So if they are auto numbered how can you decide what is first,last and in the middle?
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
I guess I get your madness. It is confusing to re-sort the islands. Maybe not a auto number is needed but a display that allows you to drag and drop the islands around with a graphical display, to get away from the numbering order completely. I think that was where version 8 was headed.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Or a little pop up box that says that it is sharing a number before you hit submit. I know the pain on that one takes forever to find which ones are the same