Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#245794 09/23/2011 6:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
I can't update the HTML includes. when I hit the update button all I get is a blank white screen...anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

Thanks....Doug

Doug M #245850 09/24/2011 1:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I would check your file permissions to start with.
You can do that with the ubb control panel.

FYI, when you edit the html includes it writes the changes to the config.inc.php file so you could target that file if it has a permission issue to write to it.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Doug M #245853 09/24/2011 2:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Just to add on to Ruben's posting; the includes/ directory needs to be chmodded 777 and the files within it 666 to allow files to be created/written from the Control Panel.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #245916 09/24/2011 6:10 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Thanks, checked all the permissions...just fine...don't know what it could be....any other ideas?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)