Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#245857 09/24/2011 2:37 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
i dont have a clue how to run this, can someone help me?

http://www.thebucketofguts.com/

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I'd contact Gizmo (homepage); He does great work wink.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
There are only 4 folders in the patch download.

Take the files in each of them and over-write the files in the corresponding folders of your UBB install.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Call me dense But I don't get what all the extra files are for in the patch either.
I know I can just ftp the actual scripts to each folder but what the heck are all the other files and folders.
I peeked at the zip and I see a few files with no extension and zero bytes. Then I see it repeat again with the macosx? files.
I don't see all of that in the full version zip.

Maybe I need to extract the files and it will be more clear on what the procedure is to use the patch.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
some one fixed me up thanks. im such a computard it aint funny.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
i cant even see this thred on the list of threds in the general assistance? i have to click it from the board list?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Hi fishguts - you are probably missing this thread as it is about 6-7 posts down.

The files at the top are all 'stickies'. (Threads that the mods or admins have chosen to 'stick' to the top of the list due to their importance.


Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Ruben
Call me dense But I don't get what all the extra files are for in the patch either.
I know I can just ftp the actual scripts to each folder but what the heck are all the other files and folders.
I peeked at the zip and I see a few files with no extension and zero bytes. Then I see it repeat again with the macosx? files.
I don't see all of that in the full version zip.

Maybe I need to extract the files and it will be more clear on what the procedure is to use the patch.
I thought it was just me.

What is the _MACOSX directory? Do I need the .DS_Store files?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Ruben
Call me dense But I don't get what all the extra files are for in the patch either.


I'm guessing the macOS folder is for the mac server - which I guess most of us don't use.

As for the .DS_store file...?
I suspect that may be in there by error....

I'm sure we will be enlightened soon enough.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
nope driv its not showing?


Last edited by fishguts; 09/24/2011 3:17 PM.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by fishguts
nope driv its not showing?
Click on the general assistance link (at the top of this page) count down 8 posts to

this new patch deal
by fishguts

driv #245877 09/24/2011 3:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by driv
I'm guessing the macOS folder is for the mac server - which I guess most of us don't use.

As for the .DS_store file...?
I suspect that may be in there by error....
I thought it might be for a MAC, but wanted to make sure because there was no readme file.

Bill

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
Nevermind, looks like a new version has just been posted without the _MACOSX directory and .DS_Store Files.

smile
Bill

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 119
ok its showing up now?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)