Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#247217 12/11/2011 10:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 2
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 2
Whenever a person registers for the forum (this has happened for more than a year now), they get this message:

---------
Can't open 'MembersPath/pm_topics/K/00010752.cgi'.

Permission was denied - please ask the administrator to check the permissions on that file/directory.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Permission denied
» Please use your browser's back button to return.
---------

However, their registration is written to the members queue and everything is fine. They end up thinking it did not work and register again.

I've checked the permissions on this directory and it seems to be OK as well as all the sub-folders.

What concerns me is seeing the literal "MembersPath" rather than something signifying a variable of MEmbersPath, so maybe it is looking for something called MembersPath?? Not sure.

Can someone help me understand where this is coming from and why.

Thank you very much.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What version of UBB.Classic are you running? Keep in mind that it's been End of Life/Shelved for years, but I can attempt to help...

The Members directory I believe is supposed to be chmodded 777, as for the files in it, I think they're supposed to be 666.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)