Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
Here's what's going on. I installed v7 to both my live site and to my localhost dev box. I did all my stylesheet work on my localhost box, then uploaded the entire /styles folder to the live location. This works fine, and everything is pretty.

However, if I go into the live site's control panel and attempt to edit the stylesheet, all the stuff is using the info from an older version of the stylesheet, before I did all my offline changes. The preview window is actually correct... it's the textboxes that aren't.

In /styles/2.php, the timestamp is pointing to the correct file and everything. So I can't figure out why the control panel is accessing the wrong file. Is the timestamp stored in the database somewhere, in addition to the /styles/2.php file?

Thanks in advance. smile

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Actually, the entire style is stored in the database. If you need to move styles from one server to another you'll need to actually export it from your local devbox and then import it on the live site. This will populate the database with all of the style settings.

J
J Offline
Aha, that would be it then. Thanks, Rick.

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29