One more try before hitting the hay.
1. Started with a fresh/empty ubbthreads directory on my new server and the sql database restored from a backup to the new server.
2. Copied the ubbthreads backup directory and subdirectory from my old server back onto the new server
3. chmod all the required directory and files as noted in the install instructions
4. When I first tried the url dennyp.com/ubbthreads I got a formatted error message saying there was a database error. I expect that since the sql user and password changed.
5. I changed in config ..
'DATABASE_USER' => 'username',
'DATABASE_PASSWORD' => 'password',
6. I checked the various path entries in the config file and they looked ok.
7. Now I get: The page isn't redirecting properly.
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
From Chrome: The webpage at http://www.dennyp.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Learn more about this problem.
Error code: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS