Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#256602 02/27/2015 9:39 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 56
Likes: 2
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 56
Likes: 2
Hello,

I use UBB over 7 years now. But now I have a problem.

In Germany we have special characters ä, ö, ü, ß. In the postings its no problem, the characters works fine.
But in the descriptopn of Categorys, in the usernames, in the userprofiles and adminpanel its looks like this:

ü
oder like this ? with a black background

I dont understand this, why it's doesnt work?

Im using UBB 7.5.8 at the moment and I need a little bit help.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english. In over 7 years, Im to stupid for learning your language laugh


Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 56
Likes: 2
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 56
Likes: 2
I found the problem.

The server was missconfigurated. Now I have changed the configs from apache2, mysql und php to charset iso/latin1 and it works.

It was my failur, sorry. smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)