Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#256925 05/05/2015 11:04 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
S
newbie
newbie
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
I had a client that emailed with the following result after trying to enroll:

Quote
Your registration of '2wnwnm' at Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement has been denied. The reason for this is below:

display name unacceptable

I'd never seen this response, and the client was upset in that it doesn't really tell him what's wrong or how to alleviate it. I went in and registered with he same email and user name and it went through without a hitch.

Thoughts?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
check reserved names, but i would guess an illegal character like a space was used.

if you have a moderation queue, then manually denied.

thats my best guess.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
I see that https://www.learningstrategies.com is currently running UBB.threads 7.5.7
I've done a search through the language files for "display name unacceptable" and was unable to find that exact phrase. Nor was I able to find the word, "unacceptable." in a complete search of 7.5.7.

Expanding further on what Mark has mentioned;
I see that you use a registration queue to manually approve new users. It is possible that the phrase, "display name unacceptable" was entered in the "Decline Registration" section's "Reason" box (@ Control Panel > Member Management > Registration Queue) on your site.


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)