Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#265173 02/24/2022 5:17 PM
I
I Offline
Greetings . . .

I have been tweaking my old Style so that new features and functions conform to our color pallet. I have run into a real head scratcher:
[Linked Image]
where is the color scheme maintained for "Page selector for the Post List page"?

It shows up in the preview in Pagination Properties - but doesn't appear to be set there.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Keith

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you view the source for the page listing page you'll see:
Code
<div class="fr t_standard">
<table class="pagination">
<tr>
<td class="pages acvm nw cp" id="pagination_0_control" onclick="showHideMenu('pagination_0_control','pagination_0_popup')" title="Go to page...">Page 1 of 32 <i class="fas fa-chevron-down fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i></td>
<td class="page-cur acvm">1</td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/2/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 2"><span style="opacity:0.9;">2</span></td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/3/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 3"><span style="opacity:0.9;">3</span></td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/17/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 17"><span style="opacity:0.9;">&hellip;</span></td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/31/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 31"><span style="opacity:0.9;">31</span></td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/32/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 32"><span style="opacity:0.9;">32</span></td>
<td class="page-n acvm cp" onclick="location.href='https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/15/2/how-do-i'" title="Go to page 2"><span style="opacity:0.9;"><i class="fas fa-angle-right" aria-hidden="true"></i></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

Thus the used classes in the generation of these boxes are:
pagination
pages
page-cur
page-n

Likewise, the indicators that display for a multipage thread displayed on the page listing:
Code
<div >
<a href="https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/7-7-4-changelog-discussion#Post263542">7.7.4 Changelog Discussion</a>
<span class="nw" style="margin-left:5px;">
<a class="pagenav" href="https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/1/7-7-4-changelog-discussion">1</a>
<a class="pagenav" href="https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/2/7-7-4-changelog-discussion">2</a>
<a class="pagenav" href="https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/3/7-7-4-changelog-discussion">3</a>
<a class="pagenavall" href="https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/all/7-7-4-changelog-discussion">all</a>
</span>
</div>

Indicating the current classes in the editor:
pagenav
pagenavall

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #265175 02/24/2022 10:53 PM
I
I Offline
Indeed. And this why I am scratching my head. The color is not declared in any of those classes. Is it therefore declared or inherited from somewhere else?
[Linked Image]

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Page X of X is controlled by .pages

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #265177 02/25/2022 11:50 AM
I
I Offline
That's just it - I don't see that aquamarine color anywhere in these classes. Is there a missing declaration that I have to add?

This same color also used for the background for the post navigation and thread management buttons:
[Linked Image]

But it doesn't appear in the Post Properties classes - which suggests it's not maintained there because it doesn't show up in the Preview.

Perhaps I should just scan the file on disk for a close hex color.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What you have circled is a comment in the display; it is not in the front end. It is simply there to indicate where that class is utilized in the front end.

1 member likes this: isaac
I think I see the confusion which I do not have a answer for on stock code.
Yes , it is just a comment in the style editor and does not appear on the front end.
If you look at the other comments like
"Pages of Results"
The background color is white or clear.
as well as all the other comments except for
"page selector for the Post list page"
which is a light blue.
Usually they are all the same color

I am not sure where the comments pull their colors from.
Possibly finish up the custom style maybe you still have some edits left in other areas. .

Maybe you customized common.css or admin.css which should have been uploaded by you during the upgrade.

Last edited by Ruben; 02/25/2022 1:23 PM. Reason: Added comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
I
I Offline
The issue is in the Admin panel. The style sheet editor is not reflecting changes to .t_standard in the preview area. As soon as you visit the Pagination Properties you can see where the comment is getting it colors:
[Linked Image]

Not knowing the scheme you are going for the default settings for t-standard is.
border-spacing:0;
margin-bottom:5px;
padding:0;
For most all the current 20 stock styles

Leaving out the background color I believe will allow it to inherit the default.

You may need to update the settings and close and reopen the style to see all your changes in the editor.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If creating new styles you should always refer to the current "stock" version of the UBBT77 style for all of the latest defaults.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by InlinersAdmin
The issue is in the Admin panel. The style sheet editor is not reflecting changes to .t_standard in the preview area. As soon as you visit the Pagination Properties you can see where the comment is getting it colors

1 -
The <table> tag defines an HTML table.
.t_standard is a HTML table, not a cell.
t = table
standard = standard
t_standard = standard table

The <td> tag defines a standard data CELL in an HTML table.
.tdheader is a CELL within the header of a table.
td = a table cell
header = header
tdheader = table header, which also styles the th element.

An HTML table consists of one <table> element and one or more <tr>, <th>, and <td> elements.
The <tr> element defines a table row, the <th> element defines a table header, and the <td> element defines a table cell.

you are coloring the .t_standard <table> element that is being overwritten by your tdheader <td> element.

2 -
in the style editor preview, the section you have circled is for human visual reference only. it is not used anywhere else in the program. it is a notation of what's to follow. it is a header for the items below it in that group.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
1 member likes this: Gizmo
I
I Offline
Originally Posted by isaac
2 -
in the style editor preview, the section you have circled is for human visual reference only. it is not used anywhere else in the program. it is a notation of what's to follow. it is a header for the items below it in that group.

I appreciate the transparency on the implementation specifics. And this 'overwriting' that you point out hoodwinks the eye in the Preview Area, especially in the body declaraton. Choosing a yellow highlighter is helpful in this regard:
[Linked Image]
in the .t_standard definition the background color is barely visible unless the contrast is huge.

Moreover, this is definitely where the comment in the Pagination Properties is getting its background color:
[Linked Image]

And it is used at runtime in the Post Navigation and the Private Messaging panel:
[Linked Image]

Again, I appreciate the prompt responses on requests for support.

best regards,
Keith

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
the .t_standard class is used all over the templates. it is the formatting for standard tables. it is intended to be used for border spacing, margin paging, padding, etc. it generally is not an item that is expected to be colored. if your <table> elements are being colored, it is because a color class has been added to it. refer to the stock styles that come with UBBT.threads for examples of correct usage.

this is an example of the page selector for the Post List page, as it is grouped in style preview section, and noted to be:

[Linked Image]

please also take note -
if you are using a style that was intended for a version UBB.threads released over a decade ago, that style may have originally had validation errors within it, which are now corrected in a recent version of UBB.threads.
if you're using a style that you've created on your own, it is advised to use a current included stock styles as a reference in creating your own style when running in to a display issue.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
1 member likes this: Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29