Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#266717 09/01/2025 5:33 PM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Hi all!
I'm very new at this level. I just installed v8 and it seems to be working.

I cannot get my columns to show my selected samples from column Layout I'm testing.

1. Portal & Islands > Portals:
a. Enable The Portal
b. Only Show Left Column On The Portal
c. Only Show Right Column On The Portal
(I've also just tried 1 showing at a time)

2. Portal & Islands > Column Layout
Selected 4 Island Titles to test.
a. Search > Left Column 1
b. Who's Online > Right Column 2
c. Newest Members > Left Column 3
d. Forum Stats > Right Column 4
I've also just tried 1 at a time

3. Cleared my caches
Results: Nothing shows in columns, not populating.
The Portal Page shows space on both sides for columns, but no content. I must be missing something simple.

Brooks at support said: 'It looks like you might have a conflict with your HTML header include, can you remove that and try?'

I'm not sure where this is. Can anyone direct me please?

Thanks for any help
Cage

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What is your Forum URL? Are you behind a CDN? Are the islands populated with data? Have you cleared the forum cache? Did you submit the page after editing the column layout?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Hi GIzmo ! Nice to meet you and thanks for the quick response.

Q. What is your Forum URL?:
A. https://133par.com/ubb

Q. Are you behind a CDN?
A. I'm not sure, its a new term for me. I have a dedicated private server with IONOS.

Q. Are the islands populated with data?
A. No data shows in the islands; Nothing at all. I don't even see place holders for the data.

Q: Have you cleared the forum cache?
A. Yes

Q. Did you submit the page after editing the column layout?
A. If you mean 'Update Layout' from the bottom of the screen, yes. If not, please direct me.

Important NOTE:
All Column Layouts I've tested don't show BUT I just tried 'PRIVATE CALENDAR and it shows.

I hope this helps smile

Last edited by Cage; 09/01/2025 10:52 PM.

A day without learning is a wasted day
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Viewing the source it looks like you've got some dirty HTML that isn't standard with the package; did you make a new wrapper or what's in your html includes?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Thank you for looking.

- Yes I did create a wrapper trying to learn and called 133par-Wrapper
- I've recently deleted it so it is only using default now. Cleared cache. No change
- Columns didn't display before I made the wrapper either
- I changed header.tpl to display my image in the header. I've changed it back to the original and tested, but that didn't work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- NOTE: I noticed when I activate the 'Private Calendar' , it will show in my columns but nothing else. Could this be possibly a permissions issue?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Just noticed in Control Panel > Permission Checks I have 2 FAILED
templates/default (FAIL) > header.tpl.bak
tmp (FAIL) > backups

Last edited by Cage; 09/02/2025 5:25 AM.

A day without learning is a wasted day
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
restore header.tpl to stock as well as any other script files that you edited
See if that corrects the problem
Then goto cp-general
select tab hrml includes and add your custom header or footer html there
try not to edit the actual script files

Last edited by Ruben; 09/02/2025 12:02 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Thank you Gizmo and Ruben for all the help, it was very much appreciated smile

I decided to do a clean install and implement the lessons learned from my first install instead of trying to fix what I broke which I did a good job at that!

Kind regards
Cage


A day without learning is a wasted day
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What is different from this install to your latest? You could obviously navigate around your previous install, what has changed since then?

I can help troubleshoot, but I'm going to have to require you use the stock unmodified forum files downloaded here from UBBCentral, you will need to delete all of the UBB files already on the server and proceed with the fresh files from this archive. You will need to completely remove your old database and start with a fresh one for this install.

If a standard install isn't working for you then you will need to go through the Support Desk for hands on support from the vendor UBBSystems who does not frequent these User to User forums.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
I mentioned this in other posts.
The difference between my last install and this one.

The previous install would not allow me to log in with my admin credentials.
So decided to test Registering a new user and it succeeded.
I logged in as this new registered user 'and it assigned me admin and admin rights'.
It did not show the original admin registration.

With this new install, when I couldn't log in, I tried to Register a new user like before which gave me an admin account, but it just brings me back to the forum page. Different then last time. Maybe its my settings for dir's during install. I'll try again and make notes.

Since then, I wiped the whole server and db and started fresh with everything. It's all stock

Maybe it's the paths I'm choosing during setup, I'll make notes and install again.

Small steps for success smile

Thanks again Gizmo

Last edited by Cage; 09/02/2025 10:01 PM.

A day without learning is a wasted day
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The System Requirements Test should return information on your live environment (including the path to the script itself in the footer)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)