Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#267184 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hi

I received an email from Cpanel saying that

The system’s core libraries or services have been updated. Reboot the server to ensure the system benefits from these updates.

I did a graceful reboot and then the website worked fine except for our UBBThreads 8.0.1 forum.
Off and on I can open the forum mostly on after some wait but the Admin CP takes ages if it doesn't time out.
The forum is so slow. But all other website pages are fine.

Have you experienced this? I have open a ticket at my host but thought I would ask here as well.

Thank you

Last edited by Morgan; 09/02/2026 8:28 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The forum seems pretty snappy to me


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
How about this page is it snappy?
https://www.britbike.com/forums/admin/dashboard.php

when you get to the login form fill it in with some fake login and hit enter is it slow or fast when it replies?

I noticed a new member and got this message
Cannot Connect to the StopForumSpam API right now.

Last edited by Morgan; 09/02/2026 8:36 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hi again,

There are issues after the reboot,

below is an example of what one member in US experienced
I have never see such a security check issue
Please advise if you can

Quote
I can’t post any replies for some unknown reason. When I try to do so, I just get the error message as in the attached screenshot. Any help would be appreciated. Normally it works fine but not for the last few days. Thanks in advance.

[Linked Image]


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Also
There are links at the top that reads
Control Panel Portal Forums Member List Calendar Active Threads
when I'm login as admin every link works fine except the "Control Panel" when I click on that it freezes for a long time before it eventually open the Dashboard and when I open other pages in the admin CP it freezes as well before opening.
Sometimes it times out with error 524

Also what could cause following message in the Registration queue?
Spam Check: Cannot Connect to the StopForumSpam API right now.

Could files become corrupted during a reboot?


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
When I test connectivity on the StopForumSpam the box looks like in the two below images

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Are there any entries in the error logs?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Gizmo, no entries in error logs (in the forum folder) since I rebooted yesterday morning.
in frustration I did a new reboot yesterday eve. Now this morning it was the same however
then something happened when StopForumSpam test connectivity suddenly worked for 15 minutes
The forum admin CP came on swiftly to and now it doesn't again and the StopForumSpam connectivity is out again with same result as above in the images.

FYI Whos on line is set to 6 minutes only and 500 visitors can be logged during that time, a few login and mostly non login and about 20 crawlers.

So the forum function kind of well until I hit the Control Panel to open the admin dashboard then it almost freezes
Stopforumspam connectivity test don't work
and some links in admin freezes too. Sometimes it times out.

Last edited by Morgan; 09/03/2026 3:06 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Gizmo now I noticed why the stopforumspam test connectivity box was black, I waited a while and it returned
time out 524. I wonder why it happen,
Stopforumspam service is limited to 100,000 requests per day. Surely it can't reach that many!?

[Linked Image]


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hi Giz,

My host ask me

Quote
Do you have any debug logging functionality in the forums software?

Enabling it with high verbosity may help understanding what causes the delay.


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Morgan #267195 09/03/2026 11:34 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Another question Gizmo,
I see this in admin is it a normal server load
Server OS Linux
Server Load 1.52
Web Server Apache


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Morgan #267196 09/03/2026 11:43 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
More input One member said he can't register, message reads.

Security check incorrect or expired. Please try again.".

I believe that the reCaptcha might not work either when registering

So stopforumspam neither recaptcha don't work wonder what could cause it

Last edited by Morgan; 09/03/2026 12:20 PM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Morgan #267197 09/03/2026 12:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
ReCaptcha did not work so I disabled it in both registration and posting


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It all worked before their update, you should figure out what they changed...

I could recommend the Test Script to see if it notices anything blocked (I have a newer version if this one fails to run on your system).

As for the APIs its a simple "curl" or "file_get_contents request" so they need to be enabled; also, if they disabled "allow_url_fopen" it'd also cause problems (as allow_url_fopen and file_get_contents are specifically used by the Stop Forum Spam API).

Also, a 524 Error seems to be a connection issue with CloudFlare according to Google.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Gizmo, Well it's good not to take no for an answer or in this case Everything seems fine in our end.

After going back over and over again to the support I receved this answer.

Quote
The issue occurred because outbound IPv6 network traffic was timing out following the system reboot. Because connections attempted IPv6 before falling back, requests to external services like reCAPTCHA and StopForumSpam were stalling and causing the admin panel to time out.

We have disabled IPv6 on the server so that all traffic routes directly over IPv4.

Outbound API connectivity from PHP is now responding normally:


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)