Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#267079 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Hi All,

Hi all,

I'm trying to use SMTP2GO for sending out email but after four days of talking to the SMTP2GO people I am not getting anywhere with it.

1. What I have done is setup the account.

2. Requested them to check the setup is correct and they reply yes it was.

3.The emails are supposed to go through their server using the settings that I placed on the forum.

4. Emails are going out to the members no issue.

5. the emails are not registering with SMTP2GO website so it appears my Server and their server are not talking as they should.

They have been telling me that it is either the software or my server not allowing them to get the information accros.

I have checked with the server people and they are saying that it is not an issue on there side because the emails are going out.

I am thinking I might have done something incorrectly in regards to setup in the admin area but can't seem to pinpoint it. I have attached an image of the email setup to see if another pair of eyes can see what I have missed.

As always any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Email Setup.jpg

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I've been using SMTPAuth for years with the UBB, my config looks like attached.
Attachments
ubbsmtp.png


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
Trying your method Gizmo, but not receiving emails.
Attachments
Screenshot 2026-08-26 173708.png

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
My settings work fine for my configuration over a standard SMTP server with SMTPAuth and TLS over the three providers I've used with it; make sure your provider is allowing those ports to be utilized and that you're using the correct information to connect (user/pass, ports, host, etc).

My SMTP server is literally named "outgoing.virtualnightclub.net", make sure yours is ALSO set to be their specified SMTP URL

You can send test messages out in the Control Panel using your current mailer settings via:
CP -> Tools & Information -> Send EMail


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
I've tried every variations of Hostname. Something on my server seems to be blocking outgoing mail.

smtp.hostcentric.com
mail.hostcentric.com
ssl://smtp.hostcentric.com:465
tls://smtp.hostcentric.com:587

Outdoorking #267181 08/30/2026 10:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
Finally got it working.

Outdoorking #267182 08/30/2026 10:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What ended up being the culrpit? I know that some hosts only allow SMTP on some of their servers (and no necessarily their main hosting platforms URL).

It looks like hostcentric.com is a NetworkSolutions reseller (which isn't the best host in our experience), their help desk page for configuring SMTP looks like you'd connect to smtp.yourdomain.tld based on the information on their helpdesk


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Outdoorking #267183 08/31/2026 11:48 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
I went back to using mail (Default) and changed SPF record.

v=spf1 ip4:172.98.64.173 ip4:38.113.1.0/24 ip4:38.113.20.0/24 ip4:65.254.224.0/19 include:websitewelcome.com ~all

It corrected our delivery problem for GMAIL and Yahoo.

Used Grok for help.

Gizmo #267187 09/02/2026 11:11 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by Gizmo
It looks like hostcentric.com is a NetworkSolutions reseller (which isn't the best host in our experience), their help desk page for configuring SMTP looks like you'd connect to smtp.yourdomain.tld based on the information on their helpdesk

Thanks Giz. Only my mail is hosted at Network Solutions. Forums are elsewhere.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)