Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2854 08/23/2006 3:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
PM use is big on my site.

Can you use ad islands within a PM string?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
It would have to be different from the other content islands because Google AdSense and other content based ad programs have to be able to read the content on the page to deliver ads.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Personnaly I would like to see PT's also added to the post count - if these take off then threads which would have been counted will now be hidden and so would affect the overall post count.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 64
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by Ian
Personnaly I would like to see PT's also added to the post count - if these take off then threads which would have been counted will now be hidden and so would affect the overall post count.

I'd rather they didn't since it's currently a measure of contribution to the community.

Lee

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Surely PT's are still part of the community - albeit a smaller section.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
How about separate public stats for PT's? See what happens then.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
At the risk of sounding dumb, what is PM?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
At the risk of sounding dumb, what is PM?


At the risk of being rude i'll sum my post up as: "Private Message" (or "Instant Message"/"Private Topic").


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)