Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
When importing from UBB Classic to Threads there is an issue
with the way the date and time are displayed. This was brought up in another forum here but just wanted to point out this is still an issue.

It can be fixed by going into your preferences and setting the date and time display, but I really do not want to ask all of my members to do this.


Last edited by Rick; 09/12/2006 3:15 PM.

Mike Wilson
Bowl-Tech Inc.
Running 7.0 Beta 5
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Mike, can you run the following SQL command for me from the control panel and post the results here?

select USER_TIME_FORMAT from ubbt_USER_PROFILE limit 5

If I can't get this figured out then I'll probably just change the importer so that all time formats are imported to the board default. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out though.

Rick #3017 08/31/2006 2:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
hasn't all the issues been with the threads importer? this one is with the classic importer. The issue should either be that he installed a mod a long time ago, or that my logic was flawed, which would be easier to fix

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Here ya go Rick, If you need anything else just let me know

Mike

USER_TIME_FORMAT

short1
F d, Y | h:i A
F, d Y | h:i A
F d, Y | H:i


Mike Wilson
Bowl-Tech Inc.
Running 7.0 Beta 5
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Rick, I have new findings to offer

I went through my user database and found that ONLY the users that have access to my test forums have the value "long" in the database field "USER_TIME_FORMAT" These users are the ones that have not gone in and re-set their disply format in their preferences.

If the value "long" is in that field the time and date display is all buggered up.

The rest of the users who have not logged in to the test forums have what seems to be normal values in the "USER_TIME_FORMAT" field.

I hope this helps point you in a direction.

Mike



Mike Wilson
Bowl-Tech Inc.
Running 7.0 Beta 5
BTMike #3054 09/05/2006 11:38 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Ok, I did find one place that still had the "long" option enabled. If any user was edited in the control panel it would set their preference to long.

Rick #3093 09/07/2006 12:06 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Thanks Rick !!!


Mike


Mike Wilson
Bowl-Tech Inc.
Running 7.0 Beta 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)