Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
Hello!

I am upgrading from 6.3 - 6.5. I've finished using te upgrade tool and have opened my forums up. However, on the front page it says:

0 Registered User(s).
Welcome to our newest member,
There are no birthdays today.
There are 0 registered and 0 anonymous users online.

However, my users appear on the who's online, are allowed to post, and appear when I search for them (in the control panel).

This could be a bug? How do I get them to appear on the main screen and in the count on the Control Panel?

Thank you!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Those stats are now cached. If you go into the control panel and clear the cache it should report properly.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
I had the same problem plus some others. The clear cache command fixed the others but not this one. I later discovered that the "Who's Online Timeframe" value was blank. I believe in 6.3 you couldn't set this value so maybe that's why it's blank after a 6.3 to 6.5 upgrade. Anyway, setting this parameter to 10 minutes resolved the problem. This also explains why I seemed to be the only one ever listed on the Who's Online display.

You'll find the Timeframe parameter under Display Options in the General options section on the Control panel.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
Thanks Rick!

I'm loving all the new features!! =)


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)