Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#45766 11/24/2005 8:25 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
I
ILO
Offline
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
Hello,
We have two seperate installation of ubthreads 6.4.2. We would like to merge these two boards into one single board and retain all the positngs and user stuff. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Greg

#45767 11/27/2005 1:28 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 8
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 8
Yes.

But it can be a huge pain. I have a hand coded script I made to merge two boards into one back in 5.5. It will no longer work in 6.4.2, but it may give you a starting point. If interested, I can try to dig it back up again. Be ready for a lot of database examining, and also lots of tests. I probably did 100 test merges before I got it all togther the right way.

#45768 11/28/2005 11:35 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
I
ILO
Offline
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
thanks for your help. I think from what you said we will live with two board.

Big Thanks

Greg


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)