Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#46437 04/24/2006 3:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 17
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 17
I guess I know the answer to this, but is there any way of recovering a PM that a user has deleted. One of my members has deleted a load of messages, and now wants them back.

#46438 04/24/2006 4:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Unfortunately not. Deleting a PM purges it from the database, and unless you do regular backups and want to try and pull his PMs out of the backup, they are gone.

#46439 04/24/2006 4:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 17
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 17
That's what I figured. I do back-up, but these came and went between backups.

Thanks for the reply Rick.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 347 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)