Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#678 06/19/2006 8:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
When importing your old forum to your test forum you'll notice that some pm's you've deleted in the past have come back, this is because they are linked from the other user involved in the message's inbox.

You'll find that a lot of these are the "Welcome to our forums" pm's that many of you have enabled; in larger forums you'll have quite the bombardement...

Well, just load up your control panel and run the follwoing SQL Query (Tools -> Database Tools -> SQL Command):
Code
DELETE FROM `forums_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_POSTS` WHERE `POST_BODY` LIKE CONVERT( _utf8 'Welcome to our%' USING latin1 );

DELETE FROM `forums_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_TOPICS` WHERE `TOPIC_SUBJECT` LIKE CONVERT( _utf8 'Welcome to our%' USING latin1 );

Now, you'll want to make sure that you replace "welcome to our" with the subject line of your welcome message. There are two queries because of the two sql tables used.

Since I have used several similar but not exact lines I am using a wildcard search to nuke old pm's.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
danke smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
#691 06/20/2006 2:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
will probably want to remove from PRIVATE_MESSAGE_USERS as well, since it's 2 rows per pm

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
removing from PRIVATE_MESSAGE_USERS will be a smidge harder, as theres not really anything to search by lol.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
any automagic way of getting rid of the hundreds now in my inbox? tongue


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
#1997 07/27/2006 4:01 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
:shrug: dont' feel like doing another importer to see why it woudln't work :x...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)