Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi all,

I'm using UBB 6.0.4d (membership ran out just before 6.1, bummer) and have a customization question.

I would like to have UBB serve two sites, and would like to adjust UBB's header and general appearance (colors, graphics etc) to match the site it is serving. I would leave all of the UBB files on the original server of course and would want all member & thread data to be shared between the two. In other words, the only thing that would be different between the "two" boards is the appearance.

My questions: Is there a way to do this and is it a violation of the licence agreement? Right now, we link to the board from both sites, but it would be great if we could have UBB match the appearance of each site better. Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Don

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Will you have to different dirs for the UBB or will it be in one dir only?

For example:

ubb_dir1

ubb_dir2

My reason for asking is each install of the UBB â„¢ requires an individual license, even if they are on the same server.

If you just want to have two different looks within one board you can use the template associations feature and create the two looks and then decide which forums you a specific look.

Make sense?

Moderator Graphics, Styles & Templates
UBBUniverse.com Custom Layouts, Free Graphics,
Add-in Features and Custom Web Development.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for the quick reply JC. I am hoping to get away with just one UBB install to avoid the extra licence. I assumed that having two UBB dirs would do what I am after, but would also require an additional licence.

Sound's like it might not be possible to have all UBB data (members, forums, threads etc.) shared but have the appearance change for each site.

I'll look into template associations. any other suggestions on how to approach this are welcome.

Thanks,

Don

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Someone else just asked the same basic question... See my response to this thread:

Share subjects over 2 forums (and sites)

-jlb

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I saw that post, but I believe our situations are somewhat different.

I actually don't care which domain the board appears under provided the look of the "parent site" is maintained throughout the board. I am mostly concerned with maintaining proper navigation and color schemes for each site.

Don

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 591 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29