Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 17
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 17
I have a lot of visitors who like to use PMs. Unfortunately, they don't know how to use them. When someone gets an email that they have a PM, they hit reply in their email client and I get the response emailed to me (because webaster is the return remail address).

I need to change the wording so people know to click the link and not hit "reply" in email, but I can't figure out within what cgi or pl file it is. I searched everything for "private" and looked for the matching test "Someone has sent you a private message" and pieces of it, but no luck. WTF!

Where is it? Is there another file I'm missing on my local drive that contains the format for the email?

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 17
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 17
Found it. vars_wordlets_email.cgi.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)