Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#88520 01/10/2005 10:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I receive some news alerts from Google each day that come as an HTML formated email. I want to be able to post some of these alerts into a message on my board, but I don't seem to be able to. I have HTML enabled, but when I copy the HTML code from the Google email my message board tells me...

"Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: BODY, HEAD, HTML, META "

So my question is, am I doing something wrong, or does the message board have limited HTML functions?

Thank you in advance for any advice or info you can share.

winter

Oh, in case it matters my software on my board is 6.7.2

#88521 01/10/2005 2:11 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
You're trying to post the complete HTML page. You can't do that, as it would duplicate many existing once-only tags, such as html, head, and body.

On top of that, the code would want to format the HTML you provide, making it not appear as you wish.

Your best solution to post raw HTML would actually be creating a real HTML file out of the mail, uploading it to your site, then linking to it from your board.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
#88522 01/10/2005 2:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
Thanks Charles. That makes sense...

winter


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)