Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 43
N
newbie
newbie
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 43
I have a user whos on the board daily and today got this error when he tried to go into his PM's:

Unrecognized character 261 at CGIPath/.......ommitted path info/00001666.cgi line 25.

I did a rebuilt of member metadata (ubbclassic 6.7.0)

I opened the file and saw that after the PM "post" there is garbled characters and the file is missing all of the info regarding who the PM was from etc. Can I just delete the file or maybe dump in some blank info so its readable?

These lines are garbled and missing (I removed some text below because it was copied from a working PM file):

%pm_to = (


%pm_from = (


%pm_icon = (


%pm_signature = (

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
if it is just a pm it should be safe to just nuke it.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)