Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
I
ib
Offline
stranger
stranger
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Well it turns out my problem is a locking problem.

Has anyone got any work around for tweaking how it performs locking.

I changed one of the shared locks to an exclusive lock because I read that the shared locks are where some NFS based servers run into trouble.

It seems to be working, but who knows, maybe only one person can be logged on at a time by doing this :-)

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
??? How did you do this (what did you do) - we've been having a cache issue for quite some time and I haven't seen a fix for it.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
We do not support the use of UBB.classic over NFS for just this particular reason - file locking over NFS is spotty and depends greatly on the NFS vendor to get it right. Many don't.

Do not alter the file locking routines within UBB.classic. They are working as intended.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)