Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
stranger
stranger
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
we have a site that is for outdoorsmen...An Organization owns the site but not all members are a member of the organization. We want to make a custom avatar for only the members of the organization to use so they stand out. Is there a way I can do this?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
In 6.7.x you can edit a user's avatar via the CP.

One way to handle this would be to not allow any custom avatars, then you edit the profile of the Organization Members and give them the avatar.

Another option is to use the custom titles function and you put an image in the User's Custom Title. BowlingCommunity.com does this for their staff.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
stranger
stranger
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Thank you so much! I appreciate your help

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I donno, I'd disable avitars then edit the profile of all users you want to grant permission and on the "Permissions" tab in the "User may not select an avatar" section choose the option "Allow, even if group can't"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)