Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,
When I click on the details link for a specific forum, I get an "Sorry, but the password you entered was not correct! Please try again. Use your Back button." message. We are using UBB v5.45c. The url is:
www.flightjournal.com/ubb/cp.html

Thanks

[This message has been edited by leof (edited 10-18-2000).]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Funny, that bug should have been squashed in the 5.44 versions...

Try entering another control panel area first, such as General Settings.

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, Post-Install Troubleshooting
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I tried with no success to enter general settings like you mentioned and then forum details. I even tried to remedy the situation by upgrading to version 5.47. Please help!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
By the way, I have this problem with two of our other sites using UBB.
www.rcnitro.com
and www.rcmicroflight.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Do you use domain-wide or directory specific cookies? (Check General Settings.)

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, Post-Install Troubleshooting
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The cookie setting was in fact the problem.

You're 'da man.

Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
[snip by CC: Please do not me-too in this forum, it causes no end of support headaches. For all issues, start a NEW thread with your version and URL, as well as a concise description of your problem, including any and all error messages you may have received]

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited 10-29-2000).]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi again,

I am still having problems with one of our 4 sites running ubb. It is on www.rcmicroflight.com. The problem is of the same nature as the above postings. I cannot go into details in the forum section, cannot update threads, cannot edit user permissions. Every time I get the error:
Sorry, but the password you entered was not correct! Please try again. Use your Back button.

I upgraded to 5.47, made sure that I was setting cookies for this directory only, logged in in general settings, and even deleted all cgi-bin cookies from my workstation.

All of the other sites are working OK. Only this one is problematic. Please help.

Thanks,
leof

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oy.

I'm going to point you at the support ticket system - select the 'Malfunctions' item from the dropdown box and hit Go. Infopop will need to examine your UBB.

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, Post-Install Troubleshooting
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)