Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Hi Everyone,

I would like to add a link to my Chat room on the navigation bar but am lost how to go about it. I was able to put the link into one of my custom island no problems as I can use html.

My chat room is linked to the members of the forum so that when they login to the forum that can just go to the chat room without having to login again.

Please can someone help with the code. This is the link: http://www.outdoorking.com.au/forum/chat/flashchat.php


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Hi,

You need to edit templates/default/header.tpl

ADD:
<a href="/forum/chat/flashchat.php">Chatroom</a>      

// ABOVE:

{if $user_list}
<a href="{$config.BASE_URL}/ubbthreads.php{$var_start}ubb{$var_eq}showmembers">{$lang.USER_LIST}</a>      
{/if}


This should then give you a link at the top.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Thanks Ian I really appreciate your help as I have not played with the templates to date.

It is a totally different language to html but I will be trying to get the hang of it in the future as I want to change some of the headers like the shout box to something like Mini Chat.

I will ask that question another day.

Once again thank you for you help.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
no worries - just take a backup of any files that you edit, then if things stop working, you can upload the original.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)