Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
I have got to the top of the google search engine results but the words "Powered by UBB.threads™" appear after my forum name.

Can someone tell me how to remove the phrase?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
templates/default/header.tpl:
Code
	<title>{if $inputTitle}{$inputTitle|strip_tags} - {/if}{if $powered}{$powered} UBB.threads&trade;{else}{$config.COMMUNITY_TITLE}{/if}</title>

just remove:
Code
{if $powered}{$powered} UBB.threads&trade;{else}{$config.COMMUNITY_TITLE}{/if}

Please note, to the people wondering; the license says you CAN remove the powered by in the title, but it must remain (unaltered) in the footer.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
thanks fr super fast reply ;-)

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You should catch me sober wink lol...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
OK, I've just checked the Terms & Conditions and it states that "The "Powered By" legend in the HTML title may be removed" so.....

go to templates\default\header.tpl

Line 6. Remove the text in red below:
Quote
<title>{if $inputTitle}{$inputTitle|strip_tags} - {/if}{if $powered}{$powered} UBB.threads™{else}{$config.COMMUNITY_TITLE}{/if}</title>

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Where did you come from? Go back to bed Giz, it's the UK crews shift! eek

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
Well that worked nicely - is it easy to then replace it with say something else 'like London's busiest forum' ?

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
OK, this will tidy it up better and make the other pages read correctly. Instead of removing the end part just replace {$powered} UBB.threads™ with whatever you want to appear on your main page:

Quote
From:

<title>{if $inputTitle}{$inputTitle|strip_tags} - {/if}{if $powered}{$powered} UBB.threads™{else}{$config.COMMUNITY_TITLE}{/if}</title>

To:

<title>{if $inputTitle}{$inputTitle|strip_tags} - {/if}{if $powered}London's busiest forum{else}{$config.COMMUNITY_TITLE}{/if}</title>

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
thanks - worked a treat!

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
How would this be done if I wanted to have several different tags that would load at random?

Like, for my site.... The Ancient Order - We Know Drama for one person, but someone else might have The Ancient Order - Now with 50% less calories etc. I guess I would envision either a flat file with "one liners" in there Or maybe even create a table for it.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)