Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#241410 01/28/2011 2:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I just installed the most current wamp version. Which has MYSQL 5.5.8.
I was having problems with the ubb install.
It appears that "MyISAM" is not supported for 5.5.8.
So the install script barks when attempting to create tables.
Am I correct on that assumption?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes it is supported, but the installer script will have to be modified to specify 'ENGINE=MyISAM', instead of 'TYPE=MyISAM', if you _must_ run it under 5.5.8.

what i do, is simply run any local install script on WAMP with mysql 5.1 enabled, then switch over to 5.5 and poof workie smile

wamp allows you to have multiple flavors of apache, mysql, php at the same time and to switch between them with mouse clickies

smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay, I guess I need to dig a little to find the setting change.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
you right click the little meter icon in the tray

if you have been installing new versions all along, you will see them listed in the popup menu

then you select which one you want and voila

smile

Ruben #241433 01/29/2011 12:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay I figured it out.
I followed the upgrade instructions for wamp.
"WARNING : do not try to install WampServer 2 over WAMP5"
So I uninstalled it.
Which deleted my older version of mysql.
So I had to reinstall the addon to be able to select a different version.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yeppers

what i also do is modify the my.ini files to point the mysql data directory to the _same_ place

( my case E:/mysql-data )

so that whenever you change versions, the mysql server will use the same files too smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)