Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#21534 01/12/2003 3:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I downloaded the trial of UBB.threads yesterday and had trouble running install.php. I basically got a dump of a bunch of code. Looking at install.php I noticed the opening line of the file was <?

I added php to this and the file loaded fine. I am totally new to php so I am not sure if this really fixed the problem, or is leading to my other problems. Environ is...

RedHat 8
Apache 2.0.40
PHP 4.2.2

Any comments on this issue?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
OK...Fixed this problem. UBB.threads uses PHP short tags so short_open_tag = On must be set in php.ini. I don't recall seeing this in the install instructions.

Interestingly, the PHP site discourges the use of short tags for commercially distributed systems since some ISPs may not be willing to enable the feature.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 511 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)