Features
Documentation
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
UBBDev.com
UBBWiki.com
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR; USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gizmo 2
Morgan 1
JAISP 1
id242 1
Latest Photos
Some pictures for fun
test for attachment sizes
A gallery with animated GIFs
Lazy fox, drops, and a light house.
Welcome to poet
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248592 - 03/04/12 01:33 PM Manually Checking off Email Verified?  
FordDoctor Offline
enthusiast
FordDoctor  Offline
enthusiast

New Joisey!
I have a user stuck in my registration queue that I notice was nor verified. So I emailed him and I am awaiting a replay however, what if he no longer has the verification email? I can still approve him but will it still matter that his email is not verified? Can I manually change that if need be? I'm thinking database here.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Express Hosting
Express Hosting "We are the official hosting company of UBB.threads. Ask us about our free migration services to migrate your UBB.threads installation."
#248593 - 03/04/12 01:46 PM Re: Manually Checking off Email Verified? [Re: FordDoctor]  
Mike L Offline
Mike L  Offline

If the account is still in the Registration Queue, you can select the radio button "Re-send Verification" and then click the Submit button.

Of course, you can still manually approve the account. I have to admit that I have never tested that feature and thus cannot say what the result would be, but I am thinking it would set the account as active just as if the link in the verification e-mail were clicked.

I often get folks that create an account and then never verify it. I don't worry about it. It happens.

#248596 - 03/04/12 03:34 PM Re: Manually Checking off Email Verified? [Re: FordDoctor]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
He can always change his email (should it be invalid or whathaveyou) from the user side of things

Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.Threads: UBBWiki, UBBSkins, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Beta Tester & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#248611 - 03/05/12 07:50 PM Re: Manually Checking off Email Verified? [Re: FordDoctor]  
Ruben Offline
Ruben  Offline

Lutz,FL
Originally Posted by FordDoctor
I have a user stuck in my registration queue that I notice was nor verified. So I emailed him and I am awaiting a replay however, what if he no longer has the verification email? I can still approve him but will it still matter that his email is not verified? Can I manually change that if need be? I'm thinking database here.

I do this all the time for registration peeps.
The generic message has two links one to login and one to validate.
So they usually select the wrong one.
But I do it only on new registrations I want to accept.
One of these days I will edit the language file and delete the redundant link that should not be used.

Blue Man Group

There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
#248642 - 03/10/12 04:04 AM Re: Manually Checking off Email Verified? [Re: FordDoctor]  
FordDoctor Offline
enthusiast
FordDoctor  Offline
enthusiast

New Joisey!
Well as usual the person never verified and eventually disappeared from the queue. This happens on occasion but when it's someone I want to approve I hate it for them. But I also don't feel bad for someone who either cant get their email address right or doesn't monitor their in-box at least once a week.

Even so, my curiosity was all about preventing the automatic deletion after one week without validating.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2

Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
Problem with newer PHP Builds
by on 09/02/16 07:36 PM
Iphone not loading properly
by Morgan on 08/28/16 09:05 PM
UBB 7.6.0