Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
So, as some of you know I took over the support for GliderCentral.net and I am just trying to understand things. Can someone tell me where I would find code that puts the Facebook LIKE button on ubb.thread pages?

Thanks,
PHil

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The stock Like/Tweet button switches are located in the General Display Settings (CP -> Display Settings -> General -> Primary Tab -> Topic & Post Page Settings).

Note however, that they're horrible; and in more recent builds we've begun using Shareaholic, which has an ID field in the same place as above, however you'll also need the javascript inclusion code from Shareaholic which will need to be added to the "HTML Includes" tab in the same area (the field is called "Shareaholic 'Setup Code'"). See the UBBWiki entry Shareaholic.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Thanks!

I only ask because I am at a new job now and forced to use IE as my browser. When I go to the GliderCentral forum now it adds a facebook link because it is blocked by work (FB is) and I can no longer just use the back button to move to the previous page.

Well it appears that Glider is using:
UBB.threads 7.5.6
So he is using stock code not shareaholic.
Unless he hacked in the mod.
With that said possibly there are other browser issues involved with the older version.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
I googled this FB link and it looks like it is a problem isolated to IE and blocking procedures like work places use. That appears to be what I am running across.

I know Eddie setup GliderCentral and you are correct it is currently on 7.5.6, but we are considering upgrading. Though Eddie is no longer in the picture, so we might pay someone here to do it. I have a bit of forum knowledge, but I don't want to crash the board and upset a lot of people, so we haven't done anything yet.

We haven't had any other complaints about this issue either, until I started my new job I never knew about it since I never used IE. I also tried out the new Edge browser from home on Win-10 and it seems to be fine, doesn't have this issue.

So, I don't think it is ubb doing anything incorrectly in their handling of the FB code, it is just a combination of a lot of things with IE being the biggest problem, like normal!!

Thanks,
Phil

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I would highly advise an upgrade, if not for anything other than the fact that anything prior to 7.5.8 has a security issue.

I myself have worked closely with Eddie in the past, not to mention that I already handle your domain name management, and offer such services (Script Installation and Maintenance).

Edge and the latest IE both have some login issues pertaining to how they changed how a date is handled in a cookie (the fix is to not check "remember me", a coding fix is in the works for v7.6.0, which is the upcoming release that we've been working on (ultimately a rewrite/springboard for newer versions down the road)).

The issue with the Facebook link, while just at work, is likely due to security settings on an internal server, whereby when it "sees" a word, it simply blocks your access to it.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29