Features
Documentation
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
UBBDev.com
UBBWiki.com
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Bjorn, isaac, netmedsoffers), 62 guests, and 252 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Ruben
Ruben
Lutz,FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Ruben 7
isaac 7
Gizmo 5
GregK 3
Abbott 2
Latest Photos
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Assistance (How Do I?)
Yesterday at 02:30 PM
Thanks. It was the tracking protection. Turned it off and the buttons showed up. Right now I can't use the FB one as I'm in FB jail for another day.
6 54 Read More
08/18/18 09:21 PM
If after making the browser settings changes and you're still having issues, follow the directions previously posted in this thread by Gizmo -

Originally Posted by Gizmo
In order to troubleshoot we need basic information:
Forum URL?
UBB.threads version?
Any system changes that you're aware of?
Do you have any modifications to the stock files of your UBB.threads install?

Are you using a privacy setting, script, or plugin in your browser which would stop 3rd party (read: not from your site, such as Facebook in this case) coding from loading?
6 54 Read More
08/18/18 09:15 PM
Greg, if you have your Firefox TRACKING PROTECTION (in about:preferences#privacy ) set to "Always", then your browser will block Facebook,Twitter and other website APIs from tracking you. And will block their buttons from displaying. Confirm that you have the setting as "Only in private windows" (default setting) or "Never".

6 54 Read More
08/18/18 01:07 AM
There is really no reason for them not to show up. I disabled my ad blocker, Firefox is set to accept cookies including 3rd party cookies and they were cleared along with the cache in Firefox and my board so I'm really at a loss, especially since they had been working and now they aren't. Oh well, no big deal as I'm in FB jail once again.
6 54 Read More
08/17/18 10:18 PM
6 54 Read More
08/17/18 05:15 PM
I'm seeing the icons here at UBBCentral, so the coding in the forum software stock files still should work...

In order to troubleshoot we need basic information:
Forum URL?
UBB.threads version?
Any system changes that you're aware of?
Do you have any modifications to the stock files of your UBB.threads install?

Are you using a privacy setting, script, or plugin in your browser which would stop 3rd party (read: not from your site, such as Facebook in this case) coding from loading?
6 54 Read More
08/17/18 04:32 PM
My Facebook and Twitter share buttons quite working. I've cleared cookies and browser cache and board cash and nothing is helping. Suggestions?
6 54 Read More
08/15/18 03:44 PM
Header Insert For All Pages:
meta name items such as: keywords/robots
link to an additional css style file
<script> items such as: ebay (epn-smart-tools.js), Google Analytics Global site tag (gtag/js), Google Custom Search Engine (cse.js), Google Adsense Page Level Ads

Header Insert When Not Displaying a Topic:
meta name items such as: description

Default Header:
This is your general website/forum header for when "Unique Header/Footer" is not enabled in your advanced per-forum "Custom Inserts" settings page.
this is also a good place to include the code for manually inserting "adsbygoogle.js" <script> responsive banner ad items, just below your page header layout html.

Default Footer:
This is your general website/forum footer for when "Unique Header/Footer" is not enabled in your advanced per-forum "Custom Inserts" settings page.
this is also a good place to include the code for manually inserting "adsbygoogle.js" <script> responsive banner ad items, just above your page footer layout html.

Attached Screenshot of Control Panel > General > HTML Includes page with sample descriptions
1 77 Read More
08/15/18 11:36 AM
To track the entire forum for the purposes of Google Analytics (stats), is it best to insert the appropriate Google code into this section "Header Insert (common to all)"?

Also, when should the "Header Insert (when not displaying a topic)" be used instead? Is this just for admin pages? Or maybe I should copy the Google code into both places?
1 77 Read More
08/14/18 07:19 PM
Thanks.
14 3,906 Read More
08/14/18 05:02 PM
Everything, your essentially replacing one format for another.
14 3,906 Read More
08/14/18 04:58 PM
what about urls in custom island code?
14 3,906 Read More
08/13/18 10:16 PM
To answer your question.
"Can they be changed on the fly?

No ,
it is one or the other for all with stock code.
Since you can only access inline or grouped settings from the control panel.
8 583 Read More
08/13/18 02:07 PM
Here is an example of an inline post that is common on our site:

Hitched a ride to the GTG with Ed and Lorrie. We launched into great weather along a route that would take us past Niagara Falls, through Canadian airspace, across Lake Huron and then North to Mackinac Island for the night.

No cars, motorbikes, or powered vehicles allowed on the island. Horses, bicycles, or walking are the main modes of transportation. People with houses on the island usually have their own stables and carriages. There are something over 600 horses on the island and all of them are moved to winter quarters on the mainland for the winter. At the airport we called for a taxi and waited for our ride. We thought the streets were busy when we were there but locals told us that the July 4th week is the real start to the season and the streets would be jammed with all manner of people, wagons, carriages, saddle horses, and bicycles -- general pandemonium. On Mackinac horses have the right of way so it gets interesting when the coachman turns onto side streets or driveways. The day-trippers with ear buds in were particularly entertaining. At one point our coachman told a group of pedestrians, "Two thousand pounds of horse coming at you."

The absence of motorized vehicles makes a real difference in both noise and pace of life. This is a big tourist destination with constant passenger ferries unloading and loading down at the docks. Many come to the island for only a day trip and Main Street is chockablock full of tourist stores and restaurants. There must have been six fudge shops, each claiming the "best" fudge.

[Linked Image]
Western New York from Albany to Buffalo is pretty flat.

[Linked Image]
This is Conesus the westernmost finger lake and considered one of the minor ones. It is smaller and has a maximum depth of 66'. The major finger lakes have depths of 186' to an astounding 630'.

[Linked Image]
The shores of Lake Huron.

[Linked Image]
On short final for the very nice Mackinac Island airport.

[Linked Image]
You need a different type of roadside warning sign on Mackinac.

[Linked Image]
E-commerce deliveries, note the tag-along frequently used for extra baggage behind taxis as well as extra capacity for delivery wagons

Does the improved file manager upload and inline display intersperse pictures and text or just display them all full width after post text? Asking because I can't easily test before upgrading.

Abbott
8 583 Read More
Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
Facebook sharing
by GregK. 08/17/18 12:32 PM
Google Analytics code
by Conrad. 08/15/18 07:36 AM
Possible bug in counting posts
by Baldeagle. 08/11/18 02:28 PM