Site Links
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Baldeagle, isaac), 62 guests, and 398 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Portsmouth, RI
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
isaac 17
Gizmo 14
jorb 5
Morgan 4
Mark S 3
Jake 2
whk 2
Sunny 1
Latest Photos
Testing to drag photos
Comfortable Cats
BSA photos
Chinese Buddhist temple.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Assistance (How Do I?)
03/20/18 09:47 PM
I appreciate your input. As I said in my initial post, I'm still not sure it's a big enough problem to spend time tracking it down. It only happens occasionally. I'll take a look at the Cookie settings. I just now tested it again, with the same laptop and instance of Safari that I wrote about last night, and it worked fine. So, whatever it is is apparently transitory.

What specifically are you referring to WRT SSL settings?

UPDATE: Cookie path is set to the default, and I don't use a cookie prefix. (It's blank.)
6 56 Read More
03/20/18 06:32 AM
I just attempted to register on your forums at (https), and was successfully brought to "New User Registration" page after accepting "Forum Rules"

My test browsers were:

Chrome 66.0.3359.33
Firefox 59.0
Microsoft Edge 17.17123
Microsoft IE 11.0

ANDROID 8.1 --
Chrome Mobile 65.0.3325.109
Firefox mobile 59.0

I had zero issues using those browsers.
(I didnt bother testing with ios/safari or windowsphone/edge.)

Though, when I attempted to go through with Firefox Focus 4.0.2 (on Android), I was able to reproduce your described error, on (https)

This leads me to believe that the issue may be related to either a "Privacy Add-on" or "blocker" installed to one of the browsers which are reporting issues.

This could instead be related to "Cookie Path" or "Custom Cookie Prefix" you set for your forums
Control Panel / Primary / Advanced Settings: "Cookie Path" and "Custom Cookie Prefix" (See attached screenshot)

This may also be related to your SSL settings.

As this issue is something I am unable to reproduce on, or (different servers with different SSL settings and different PHP versions), and unable to reproduce the issue on any of the three other servers where I have UBB.threads vanilla installs running, with ALL of the browsers mentioned above, even FF Focus, you may want to review/adjust the items I've listed above, on your own server.

Im sorry that I couldnt be more helpful to you, but I hope to have given you some direction to further debug with.
6 56 Read More
03/20/18 06:04 AM
I just checked the logs but didn't see anything useful. Right now, my browser (Safari) is doing it. I check the box to agree to the terms, click on Submit, and I'm returned to the same screen. Even though I did it several times, I found nothing in the error logs at all from my IP address and nothing related to newuser.html. Very strange. When I tested it earlier today, my browser worked fine.
6 56 Read More
Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
Registration problems
by Baldeagle. 03/19/18 01:56 PM
Track your Posts that contain Attachments
by jorb. 03/11/18 03:14 PM
Bug in Category Display Options?
by Baldeagle. 03/01/18 07:00 PM
by JoshPet1975. 02/27/18 12:56 AM