*** FIX ***

> You seem to have worked out the email
> problem on that board you sent me to.
> I just registered and recieved this
> via email.

Only because I modified the perl code:

In the ubb_library2.pl file there is a function called SendEmail(). Near the
top of this function there is a line which reads:

$remote_ip = gethostbyname($EmailServer);

The gethostbyname() function doesn't seem to work on our servers - it
returns null, or at least, something which doesn't print on the screen.

So, after looking for a way to hard code the IP, I replaced it with this:

$remote_ip = inet_aton($EmailServer);

Which seems to return a valid IP address (provding an IP address is entered
in the control panel - I don't know what happens if you add a domain name).

So I haven't so much fixed the original problem, as bodged a fix. I don't
know perl *at all* so I can't really work out what's really going on...

I'd still be happier if it was fixed properly...

Thanks,

Nick...