Hah! More confusing and troublesome than their not getting the registration mail at all? I don't think so. At least if they have trouble with clicking on an activation link (?!), they'll bother to ask. If their registration info never reaches them, only a miniscule number of them will bother to mail me and tell me about it, and I'd have to send it to them manually. Which still happens pretty often, and looking it up in the CP every time it does is a PITA. So no, it can't be a bigger support issue than it already is for me. And probably for everyone else running at least a moderately-sized board.

And as I said, I'm sure sendmail works fine (new people are coming on the boards, and it shows in the last 50 members), so I don't really know what it could be. There's a tendency for people with AOL mails to tell me they never got their passwords though. How could I tell if AOL was blocking registration mails sent from my board? Or discarding it as spam or whatnot... I don't know where it's bouncing, but definitely somewhere that's not monitored...