This has been bugging me for a while, but I finally got around to checking it out.

On IE5 for the Mac, if you nest the UBB in a table -- for example we do so to put a menubar on the side -- the display gets 'funny'. For every post in the topic, the nested table gets a few extra spaces down. When you are looking at 20 responses, HALF the page is devoted to blank space and its a pain in the booty to scroll around. Most of us are use to simply hit End to page down to the last post (and this would be much easier if Todays Active Posts would point at the last post on the last page instead of the first post on the first page of the responses). Doing so means most of the time, its harder to scroll up that it would have been just to hit pag down a dozen times. Annoying.

My board has a few hacks to it, so I FINALLY got around to setting up a clean demo copy to test this out. Using my standard headers, it still did it...removed those to check out if I was just coding improper HTML and simply enter the header as:
<pre><Table><TR><TD>SIDE BAR</TD><TD>
</pre>

And the footer as:

<pre>
</TD></TR></TABLE>
</pre>

And it was STILL doing this.

Again, this was a clean copy with no hacks, so I know its not my setup. This had worked perfectly up until I believe 6.2 and then with the addition of the new templating system, things started going wanky. A few users complained, I checked it out with IE5 9/X and it did it on both.

I haven't been able to figure out what in the UBB code is causing this, but it had been working a while back...and now its not. Most of the time I see things like this its because the coder inverted the final TR / TDs in the table and the browser doesn't know what to do. Under Win IE, the coding standards are less strict and work around buggy HTML...the Mac versions don't.

Anyone know whats going on?

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on June 17, 2003 at 10:53 AM.]