I'm at the end of my rope here - Avatars work fine for me, but newbies are having a very difficult time getting them to work.

I even have fool-proof graphical instructions[/b] for them, but they still claim it's not working.

Some say "after trying 10 times it worked" or "such-and-such image didn't work, but it did when I picked some other one" or similiar things.

I'm currently running 6.3.0.1 but this problem started before then. I didn't really notice it from the beginning of using Infopop's avatars, but with a rush of newbies joining, it became evident that there's a problem.

Avatar images are enabled, and for everyone. Custom Avatars are enabled for Admins, Mods, and Members only. Is the software confusing the avatars I supply with "custom avatars"? Are "Junior Members" not allowed to post custom [b]and non-custom avatars?

I can assign avatars to newbies, and they work fine; they just can't assign their own "for a while".

>> I just started a new account, and can confirm that avatars are not working properly for newbies. I designated one upon registration, but it was gone when I logged in for the first time. I went into profile and selected an avatar again, but it still didn't stick. <<

So I guess it is a bug. Isn't anyone else experiencing this problem? Or does anyone know what could be wrong? I have no hacks installed (my previous hacks were for avatars and custom titles, which I don't need hacks for any more).

Thanks,

JG

PS: A suggestion. I think the "Your Picture:" field is confusing, especially if you have Avatar Image: field below it. Can you just remove the "Your Picture" field from a future release?

Admin
Gangster BB
http://www.TheGodfatherTrilogy.Net/

[This message was edited by J Geoff on July 19, 2002 at 10:57 AM.]

[This message was edited by J Geoff on July 19, 2002 at 11:16 AM.]

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on August 06, 2002 at 09:27 AM.]