Anyway to pull this out and fix it or are there so many modules that it isn't realistic? I have 5 complaints just today about this.

Here is how this one reads:
[] Fred,

When I first signed up here the software performed like it does at the other site. When I log on I see the yellow balloons to the left signifying messages that are either new since my last logon, or old ones that I haven't yet read.

Now that feature isn't working, there aren't any balloons on the left, ever. The only way I can figure out if there are new posts in forums of interest is to look at the date. I'm in essence having to work backwards, look through all the forums, then look at each thread to see when it is dated, click on the thread and then begin at the end and read forward to find a post I haven't read. As you can imagine this is very time consuming. I haven't changed anything on my computer re: cookies or anything else. And it was working correctly for me.....

Any clue?

edit: A balloon just showed up, this makes me think that balloons are shown only for posts that are created after I log on, and when I leave there is no cookie that identifies to the software what has been posted since I last logged off.
[/]

I have seen on several 6.5 boards where it works correctly (most of the time). They obviously have found a work around, but have not "shared" with the rest of us.

I need a work around or for version 7 to be released quickly. Any idea on either?

Fred