Hi:

I really believe the user list, as it is, is not very functional, but a step in the direction of something very cool (IMO).
The real strength of a "user list" is actually the ability to search. What use do I have for an endless (assuming a succesful forum) list of names. What I would like to have is a way of finding users who share my interests (PHP for example) according to their profiles, and then see their posts, send them a PM, whatever.

This board is not the best example where something like this would be useful (we all share here the same interest, wwwthreads) but imagine how it could work in a general interest board.... Even with a very focused board like this, I believe the possibilities are endless (I would really like to get in touch with PHP programmers, see what they are doing, they opinions are very important to me, etc.... Note that this is just an example. I know nothing about PHP)

I say this is a step in that direction because I've been looking at what UBB hackers did with their board. The "users list" hack started like this and now it has the ability to search...

Regards