I didn't say PHP was the solution to go, I said that a quick PHP version of the site that mimicked the Vignette setup was far, far faster.

We had a 3 person Sysadmin team, an Oracle DB, 3 different consultants from Vignette, and our programming team working on the system for months. It never ran correctly. It never did what it was supposed to.

It was the slowest, buggiest, piece of crap out there. No I'm not saying a PHP solution is better, I'm just saying that Vignette is not a solution.

It was so bad that we couldn't patch it because the patches would render the site useless and need to be backed out. Then support woudln't assist because we didn't have the latest patches. It was unreal...

Personally, I'm glad to see their stock tanked. They were hyped up as THE system to have, and it was nothing more then marketing hype...the product sucked.

If someone offered me $100 an hour for a Vignette job, I would probably turn it down.

Moderator for Unix Installation and HTML/CGI.<p>"Look! A wagon wheel!" --Time For Timer